danna (curious tangles) - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lollipop Flowers for Valentine's Day


Here are this years Valentine's Day cards.
I started by crocheting small hearts. Here's the post about that and where to find the pattern.  I was quite pleased to find something to do with this garishly bright red that I got in a grab bag of red yarn. I don't like throwing things away, but I couldn't picture what to make of it. I'm sure the kids will think it's great.
I tied the hearts onto the lollipops - maybe not the best way as it was quite fiddley. We cut out green leaves from construction paper, wrote the names on them, and glued them to the lollipop sticks.





Voila! you have a cute heart flower for the Valentine's mailbox, a candy and a keepsake for each kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...