danna (curious tangles) - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Absolute end of April flowers


Bright pink aquilegia (columbine) stems.

Lawn daisies all in a row

Tulip family
Yellow poppy.


Spirea shrub (yellowgreen with red tips now) orange poppy and wallflowers.

A few forget me nots mixed in with the red-tip photonia in the background.

Another view of it.
The blue bells have started blooming also.
I planted a group of bluebells under the fir trees and they are adding a nice touch of color to the roadside.

Lamium, bees like the flowers, but it's definitely invasive. Don't let this plant escape your hanging baskets.

A forgotten leek sprouted up again and is blooming. 

The blueberries are flowering now. 

Tulip among forget me nots

Pnk and blue forget-me-nots.
I had thought I was done finding flowers in bloom, but then I saw this purple beauty peeking through the fence.
Even the tiniest of wild flowers are so beautiful. The pink flower is Geranium robertianum (Herb Robert)

Philaby and the flowering wild cherry.

 
This clematis bloom normally has 4 petals, I found 6 petaled blossoms, but this one is eight!.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...